RCU Forums - View Single Post - A Build: AD Diamond
View Single Post
Old 07-28-2014, 01:51 AM
Tuggs

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I got some more work done on my diamond past weekend. Just some final words on the plastic servo mounts: If you want to use them and plan to install servos like he JRDS8811 or Futaba 9156 / 9157 you have to work on the servos to make them fit. It is necessary to narrow the servos by cutting down the brackets. It does really hurt to do that to a new servo and i still believe that it is just wrong to supply such crap in a high quality kit. Doesn't change my attitude towards using them in the plane. May sound stubborn, i know.

Used BVM vpoxy to glue the control horns in place. They do fit really nice. The fuel tank plumbing is also done. I 3D printed a rack to support the futaba 6014 receiver with a cortex on top.

As you can see. Servo won't fit by design.

Installing the retracts is a joy. They fit very nice and everything left to do is the wiring.

This is how i am going to install receiver and power supply. Turbine equipment in front of the fuel tanks. The 3D printed rack will support the cortex gyro. Sometimes i switch receiver / gyro combos between planes and with the rack its real easy to do.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3523.JPG
Views:	234
Size:	688.6 KB
ID:	2017931   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3528.JPG
Views:	194
Size:	468.0 KB
ID:	2017932   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3534.JPG
Views:	199
Size:	679.7 KB