RCU Forums - View Single Post - JET LEGEND VIPER BUILD THREAD
View Single Post
Old 07-28-2014, 03:28 AM
essyou35
My Feedback: (11)

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

I have 400 foot grass runway, the tank configuration I use gets me off in that distance without yanking the elevator.

Also who "we"? You said we fly. You on a buddy box or does someone fly it for you?

Originally Posted by

Jgwright;11849883

The only puzzle is why people try to alter the stock tank position. I bought a second hand JLViperjet and the previous owner had removed the intakes. Luckily he had kept them so I glued them back in and installed the tanks in stock position. We fly with the CG (tanks empty) at the front corner of the rear hatch. You can conveniently lift the plane balancing at this point. We have had a number of flights now and not changed anything from the first flight we had. It needed no nose weight and the batteries are just in front of the tanks and on top of them. We have no noticeable CG shift in flight when the tanks are full or empty. The plane is very slippery and does not need a monster turbine, we are flying with a very early Simjet 18 lb thrust engine and we fly mostly at 1/2 throttle. Fuel consumption is as a result amazing. We can fly for 10 minutes or longer on the standard tanks. You will not see a UAT on the photos as I never use them. I fit pleated paper clunks in the tanks.

John