RCU Forums - View Single Post - JET LEGEND VIPER BUILD THREAD
View Single Post
Old 07-28-2014, 07:31 AM
Jgwright

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE=Vettster;11849952]
Originally Posted by Mark Vandervelden
Hi FredoFredo.. Entering the world of Turbines and immediately taking short cuts (the easy way) does not seem to be the right road to a long and successful turbine flying career. I would seriously take the advice of Mark Vandervelden posted above. In my personal opinion a UAT is mandatory no matter what configuration you are using. Turbines do NOT like bubbles and the UAT's sol purpose is to eliminate the possibility of bubbles getting to the engine and causing a flame out. Its a very cheap form of insurance to make sure your engine wont quit.
I have had many (32) jet planes over the years and have never fitted a UAT to any of them and not had problems with engine flameouts. The pleated paper filter does the same job but does not need a separate tank that is up front and permanently full of fuel. The pleated paper filter will suck the tank almost dry before the engine quits.
http://www.gbr-jet.com/catalog/produ...9imo1i2ou5v6g4
However if you feel the need for a UAT then buy one, but do make sure that it does not leak air through the fittings or the cap.

Essyou35 No I do not fly myself. Dave Wilde does all the flying for me we are a team of 2. I find building the planes and building engines and getting things prepped is enough for me besides I am no good at flying!

John