RCU Forums - View Single Post - JET LEGEND VIPER BUILD THREAD
View Single Post
Old 07-28-2014, 09:22 AM
Mark Vandervelden

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi Fredo

Ive made a quick sketch of a three tank setup for you here, its not pretty but hopefully its clear.
Its good practise to keep the two vent lines from the rear tanks equal to the "T" and the two feed lines to the main take should also be equal.
Use at least 3mm ID Tygon or Tygon type fuel line to hook it all up and for the clunk lines, Try to keep the lines short but don't force and bend them too tightly in case they kink.
You can of course use 6mm festo clear fuel line, its much more resistant to collapsing but its harder to get round the bends neatly.
I use a HD Yellow fuel line from China, Its a little stiffer than Tygon, but I find it works far better and lasts "years" longer and at 1/3 the cost but stick with what you know is good.
The two clunks in the rear tanks can be bored out the max allowed by there nipple, hopefully at least 3mm, the main tank would benefit from a felt filter like the Gas guys use.
Wire tie the fuel lines to the brass tube both outside and inside the tanks, you can solder on a barb but I've found it unnecessary with my fuel lines and usually struggle to remove them.
The brass tube you get with the JL tanks is a good size but be sure to de-bur the ends and are not restricted were there cut to length.
Using two tank fitting-nipples on the back rear/top of the main tank instead of a 3 tube bung as per my earlier post keeps the lines very sort and out of the way, a bit fiddly to fit but worth it.
Of course the two air vents into the rear tanks and feeds into the front tank if used must go to the top of the tanks.
Make sure the ends of the vents inside if brass tubes are used have 5mm clearance from the top of the tank, if the tanks get crushed or collapse slightly they then can not be blocked off.
The fuel is finally drawn off the front tank to the pump via a propriety UAT, BVM, Intairco, MAP etc these have a twin top vent to which the fuel is then fed.
The second vent on the UAT is then used to fill all the tanks and is effectively back feeds through the three tanks till it comes out the main vent placed under or low on the airframe.
This fill line to the UAT will then have to be sealed effectively wile the turbine is running and must not allow air to be drawn in, I use a Festo end cap.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Three tank setup.jpg
Views:	438
Size:	51.2 KB
ID:	2018013