RCU Forums - View Single Post - Ailerons twiching on idle
View Single Post
Old 07-28-2014, 02:35 PM
dirtybird
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by eddieC
That's not a good idea, as any metal can conduct RFI. You may get away with it, but nyrod is better.

Exactly. Good caps & ground straps will fix most RF-caused glitching. (Not picking on you, SR&T, you have probably seen more installs than most.)

I've seen folks go to PCM, separate channels/receivers, and 2.4Ghz setups trying to mask glitching. If you fix it at the source (shielding the plug & wire), you'll find 99% of the troubles go away.
In my 60+ years working in the rf field I was never able to get rf to run down a single conductor. I always had to use two conductors, coax or a waveguide.If you can do it let us know.how..But nyrod cant hurt. If it makes you feel better by all means use it.
In the old days of AM PPM if you used a metal rod without isolation to the motor, you would get a spark caused by pickup of static electricity or dissimilar metals rubbing together.That spark caused the problem. All that was needed was a plastic connector to the motorto fix the problem. AM PPM is very susceptible to RF noise. Even then I was able to use a steel cable. I flew AM PPM from 1965 to 1978 with 5 years formula 1 pylon racing.
Now we have 2.4 GHZ spread spectrum communication.Most dont realize it but SS in a tremendous break through in wireless communication. Its made all of the wireless communications we have today possible. SS allows you to reach down in the noise level by as much as 40DB. This allows you to use much less power. Without it we simply would not be able to use 2.4GHZ. There is too much propagation loss.
In SS the transmitter and receiver agree on a code for each transmission. If the receiver dont see that code it wont respond.Any kind of interference does not have that code.If there is enough interference to wipe out the band the receiver gos into failsafe. It dont glitch.
You people need to come into the 21st century. Things have changed