RCU Forums - View Single Post - Sig Spacewalker II 1/4 scale
View Single Post
Old 07-29-2014, 09:55 PM
Leroy Gardner

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

My how time flies, the Seahawk has set long enough and I have a prompt to get me going, a scale air show for all classes of planes except turbine jets. Anyway I want to be there with my Spacewalker and P-51. Weather is showing stormy possibilities for friday through monday of this week, I'll keep my fingers crossed that the show will go on.

I had to build the instrument pannel and screwed it up when I drilled the instrument mount holes so it will be redone after the show, I'm sure some of you will see that. Making all this is easy, English Oak stain and satin clear coat, pop rivets, O-rings , 16ga. alum. wire and some small nuts along with styrene for betzels and a couple of knobs. It doesn't look that bad to someone that don't know better, I hope the judges don't see the bo-bo.

It's been a bad 3 weeks with 2 planes down and little to salvage, both went in from around 400 ft. high at a near 80 deg. verticle down with throttle wide open, both recievers were different brands but the transmitter was the same one, turns out it was the problem, it's a DXi6 Spectrum that I have had for a while. I need another transmitter at the moment, a couple more planes woutdn't hurt either.

Still some small things to do but it will fly in August.

Leroy
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0341.JPG
Views:	188
Size:	1.97 MB
ID:	2018529   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0339.JPG
Views:	167
Size:	2.00 MB
ID:	2018530   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0340.JPG
Views:	147