RCU Forums - View Single Post - Banner ad blocking page
View Single Post
Old 07-31-2014, 03:03 AM
scale only 4 me
My Feedback: (158)

Received 51 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by IBobi
The Picture Loading Speed thread you linked to? I have no issues with any of the photos in that thread -- they came up even before I could scroll down to them.
Again,, forget the picture some guy posted that didn't address the issue spelled out in Words I typed,, just read the words,, do I need to copy and paste it here for you?

Originally Posted by scale only 4 me
So I can't help but notice the picture galleries load much slower since the new software swap,,, I also notice the same users posting the same pictures on other website load much much faster, and the file sizes are much larger here..

Seems to me the site is no longer truncating or reducing the file sizes like it used to do automatically before.

am I wrong here is there a admin setting that needs adjusting?

Getting the pics to load faster would make the site more enjoyable

TIA
Makes ya wonder Ken how RCG or FG or all the other sites do it fine,, but here we get stuck with some disfunction software over and over,, the whole point was to elliminate problems.

Same users, same pictures on RCG download for viewing 4-5 times faster than here, because the other site reduce file size on upload,, this has to just be a box to check in the admin panel, what's the big deal?
Another 2 months go by and nothing,,

Is it me or has the site started running even slower lately?,, the page load speed is ridicules,, I've given up view pics if they are over 3-400kb

My machine runs fast and just fine anywhere but RCU now,, giving this great upgrade experiment a fail.