RCU Forums - View Single Post - Welcome to Club SAITO !
View Single Post
Old 08-01-2014, 02:38 AM
AeroFinn

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Old Fart
Acdc the 90 twin has a nice vw kombi van broken exhaust header note have you heard one running ?

The comments on running in are good to read.Sometimes wonder if tuning skills are catching up with the fuel tank position in each different aeroplane,you can only compare different saito's by bench running them where the fuel tank is always in the same position.After running in 2 125's i don't like them.The 115 gave full performance within 2 hours,pulled like a train.It seems you have to mother the 125 initially they are so reluctant to perform.My 82's are flown most and after two or three months you don't touch the needles much.With the 182 twin when running it in i'd get huge rpm gains during the second and third tank runs without touching the needles,amazing and good fun to hear.
I'm looking forward to having my Fa-125 to be completely run-in. I have no run about 2,5 gallons and still keeps changing characteristics. Maybe now during the last half a gallon I haven't touched the needles much. I'm still having the reliable idle at 2300+rpm. No way to try to go below that RELIABLY although the engine runs at 1900-2100rpm for a while.

I have succesfully modified the carb by installing a FA91 carb barrel spring (this requires a carefull grinding of excessive material in the carb body. Otherwise the spring won't fit in). This has helped a bit with the idle characteristics. Once my engine is run-in I will convert it to CH-Ignitions CDI (I already have the kit). I am pretty convinced that this will turn the engine to a very nice one as the CDI probably helps to reach a reliable idle at 1700-1900 rpm

Last edited by AeroFinn; 08-01-2014 at 02:40 AM.