RCU Forums - View Single Post - Welcome to Club SAITO !
View Single Post
Old 08-01-2014, 04:53 AM
AeroFinn

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Hobbsy
The carb spring is just a feel good thing and totally not needed. When carbs had an idle speed screw the springs helped because they were a sloppy fit in the groove.
Dave,

This is what I thought, too. However, just for comparison, the FA-115 which was released after the FA-125 has the carb spring. For obvious reason, I think. I can tell you, with all respect, that the 125 vibrates and the slack is considerable in the carb effecting on the idle mixture. I'm not saying this is a modification that has to be made. You can run the engine just fine without any carb spring modificaton. However, it helps with reaching a constant low idle. So it all boils into wether you want to have an engine that runs just fine or wether you want an excellent engine. In my very humble opinion the FA-125 has more potential than the stock set-up provides. Hence this modification. And by the way I think there is an analogy to the widely spoken CDI option in this carb spring thing: You do not need a CDI in a 100-150 size Saito but it does gives you some extra operational benefits. But to each his own, of course!

-Artto

-Artto