RCU Forums - View Single Post - Club Enya
Thread: Club Enya
View Single Post
Old 08-01-2014, 10:57 AM
GallopingGhostler

Received 80 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by buzzard bait
Interesting comments about props. Brodak carries a new version of the Rev-Up 8x3, sometimes. The Rev-Ups seem to come and go from the website. I suppose they make batches periodically and then they sell out, and eventually they do it again. The old TF 8 x 3 1/2 wood props are not uncommon on ebay. I got a bunch myself in a batch of wood props. I've flown the MA 8x3 on an Enya 09 IV and it seemed OK, but I wasn't comparing it to wood. Jim
According to the Enya instructions that came with my Enya 35-V TV, both the Enya 09-III and 09-IV weigh 4.1 ounces. This is without the muffler. There is an old adage, "If everything is working smoothly, you have overlooked something." It's just one of the cantankerous things about these older engines. I found it out at the flight field. After I mounted a wood prop, the 09-III no longer was fussy with the needle valve setting. Why? That I can't tell you. Perhaps it's why some fishermen run blue lures on one day and catch fish, red on another. You'd think the flywheel action of a plastic prop would do wonders, but in this case it was the opposite. I've found the same observation with my Fuji 099S-II ABC cross scavenge engines. They are basically copies of Enya internally.

Lesson learned? Sometimes, going to a lighter inertia prop does wonders on a plane engine. OTOH, my Enya 15-III TV's have no problems turning plastic props. Go figure ....

And thanks for pointing out a source for the 8x3 props. If that is wood, I may give it a shot next time I need to order something from Brodak.

Last edited by GallopingGhostler; 08-01-2014 at 11:00 AM.