RCU Forums - View Single Post - Sebart Mythos 2M
View Single Post
Old 08-04-2014, 08:42 AM
Stuart Chale

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Although I have been flying this year it has not been as much as I would like only getting out once a week if the weather cooperates. Luckily I have been very happy with my Beryll with the Contra Drive on it so I was in no real rush to finish the Mythos. But now that the game room is done (area rug comes tomorrow, still fighting with furniture store to replace the piers that go to either side of the TV base unit) I can get the Mythos finished and hopefully test flown this Saturday weather permitting.

I actually did get a few additional items done before putting the build on hold. I hinged the wings and stabs and installed servos and linkages in the stabs.
The plane comes with a form of hinge points that I thought were rather flimsy and a little bit sloppy. I switched to Robart hinge points. The only issue is that they are a little larger in Diameter and the holes need to be opened a little using a drill and square needle file. Care is needed not to split the hinge mounting when doing this, but the Robart hinges can be made to fit without too much effort. I use Gorilla Glue on the hinge points. Moisten the holes, add a little glue with a toothpick or small dowel and push them in. I really like the way it works in this application.

I had a couple of JR 3421SA servos that I never used so installed them in the stabs. A little tight to insert but fits the spacing. I used the linkages supplied by Sebart, ball links seem slop free at the moment.
Interesting that they provide an adjustment mechanism for stab incidence, 2 set screws top and bottom on the front alignment pin, but the wing incidence is not adjustable.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Hinge pocket.jpg
Views:	837
Size:	447.5 KB
ID:	2019889   Click image for larger version

Name:	finished stab top.jpg
Views:	151
Size:	297.2 KB
ID:	2019893   Click image for larger version

Name:	stab root finished.jpg
Views:	197
Size:	344.3 KB
ID:	2019894   Click image for larger version

Name:	stab linkage 1.jpg
Views:	165
Size:	306.8 KB
ID:	2019895   Click image for larger version

Name:	stab linkage 2.jpg
Views:	176
Size:	391.5 KB
ID:	2019896  

Last edited by Stuart Chale; 08-04-2014 at 09:04 AM.