RCU Forums - View Single Post - ***CUB BROTHERHOOD***
View Single Post
Old 08-05-2014, 12:12 PM
acdii

Received 97 Likes on 88 Posts

Originally Posted by FlyerInOKC
Hey acdii how about filling us in on all the gory details of that airplane?!
Thats a SIG 1/5th kit, Very nice and light construction, one of the best kits I have built so far. Its covered in SIG Koverall, and all SIG dope. I learned the hard way, start with Nitrate dope, then switch to Butyrate. I started with Butyrate instead and it takes way too many coats for a nice finish, which is why it is taking so long to get done. The white was sprayed on and came out flat, so am going to hit it with a coat or two of clear to make it all the same sheen, then rub it down a bit with auto polish.

I am not one for "traditional" paint schemes, I like to be different so I came up with that design on the fly, I wanted the Red White and Blue colors from the start, and the design just came to me as I started looking at it, then laid out the tape and started painting. The engine will be an OS 70(unless I find a nice twin on the cheap before cutting the cowl). Other than that nothing special being done on it. I havent done any mods to it either, though I am considering a different hinging technique for the door, not liking how it looks with the kit way of doing it.

The things left to do, I have to finish covering the window door, clear coat the fuse and under the wings, install the links for the tail, and put the glass in. The wings need the servos installed, ailerons hinged, and struts painted. Engine just needs the cable soldered and hooked up. last thing is the cowl and its ready to fly.