RCU Forums - View Single Post - ESM FW D-9
Thread: ESM FW D-9
View Single Post
Old 08-06-2014, 06:33 PM
BlitzPig

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Ramstein44
Stopped my builds and pulled maintenance on mine today Installed some new hardware and tighten up the cables. The plan was to fly this weekend but it looks like the weather is taking a turn for the worse with snow again.

Whats the latest on the stock gear for these?? What version are they on now?? How are they??
I bought the ESM electric V3's a year ago but am just getting around to putting the plane together. I called ESM last month to ask about the latest upgrades to the FW190D ESM electrics. They said call CJM as they are supporting the ESM gear now for TBM as my understanding goes. I called CJM and they said they'd yank the crummy motors and install their heavier motors and do some other work in the trunnion to either solve the binding issue or fix it altogether and provide their own controller for a really decent price. I'll let you know in a couple weeks when they get back and I get the plane finished and up and running on how they turn out. I'm having them replace the axles ( for free with the upgrade) with 1/4" so I can run the Sierra 5.25" wheels as well.

BB