RCU Forums - View Single Post - Report bugs with new vbulletin forum here
Old 08-08-2014, 09:11 AM
aeajr
My Feedback: (2)

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by aeajr
I have stopped reporting issues because they don't change so figure I have reported them enough times.
I still have to copy an edited post, hit the save, see it not update, refresh the page, re-edit the post, past in the changes and save again. Have to go through this process about 50% of the time whether I use IE10 or Chrome.
[QUOTE=IBobi;11846222]I have not seen this issue reported before -- can you give more information so that tech can address this? What versions of Chrome and IE? Is it doing that in FF for you too?

I'm not 100% clear what you mean... copy an edited post? Can you explain clearly what exactly is going on and when it happens? Thank you!

[editing post as test in Chrome]

If you go back in this thread and find my posts, probably 75% of them are reporting this problem.

I use Windows 7, IE 10 or Chrome - 36.0.1985.125

As to the problem.

I write a post, look it over and hit submit - fine All works great.

I read it over and find 2 typos and would like to add something so I go to edit it.

Make my changes, make my additions, hit save ... and wait, and wait, and wait .. .30 seconds, 1 minute, 2 minutes, 5 minutes. Nothing happens. no update, no reject, no little spinning arrow indicating something is happening.

So what do I do?

I copy the edited post.

I hit refresh on the browser

I get the old version of the post on my screen.

I hit edit again.

I delete the old post and past in the new post and hit save.

Update occurs and my new post is shown on the screen.

And this works 100% of the time. I have no idea why.

I probably edit most of my posts and this is what I have to go through about 50% of the time. No rhyme or reason to it.

And I never have this problem on any of the other forms including RCG, Wattflyer, Flyingcircus, ***********s, RCDiscuss and others. Never have this problem on any of them.

I normally use IE but I changed over to Chrome for a while to see if it would help. It didn't, so I am back to IE.

I hope that clarifies the point.

BTY I am on a cable internet connection.

============================
edit: Just for fun I edited this post to see what would happen. This is where I hit save..

Nothing happened. I waited for 2 full minutes and nothing happened. I copied the post did this edit and then hit save and it worked. So if the time stamp on this post helps maybe you can see what is going on.

I then went in to edit again and added this line of text. If there are not further comments then it worked.

For what it is worth, I have discovered a work around that may provide some insight into the problem.

I write my post and submit the reply.

If I see something to edit and just hit the edit button, do the change and submit, nothing happens and I have to go through the above process.

HOWEVER, if I do the initial post and then hit the refresh button I can edit the post and submit and it will work fine every time.

I don't know if that helps but I wanted to provide whatever insight I could. If there is a setting I can change that would help, let me know.

I feel VERY confident that if I am having this problem then some of the users/members are having this problem.

Last edited by aeajr; 08-08-2014 at 09:55 AM.