RCU Forums - View Single Post - FAA Issues "Interpretation of the special rule for model aircraft"
Old 08-08-2014, 10:30 AM
HoundDog
My Feedback: (49)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bradpaul
Since our public schools teach "feel good" and self esteem building" rather then how to read and do math there is just no hope for "informing and educating" the operator(s) buyer(s) of these things"..... Idiots will be idiots. IMHO the best outcome is the use of large fines and confiscation of those that will not through either ignorance or deliberation don't follow AMA (CBO) rules.

A good example is fishing, here in Florida if you don't follow the rules you can have your fishing gear and even your boat confiscated by the game warden. Ignorance of the regulations is not a mitigating factor. That puts the burden of risk on the ignorant or idiotic and lets those that can follow the AMA safety code and Doc 550 free to enjoy the hobby.

I will take responsibility for my flying and as a Club Officer the flying at my AMA Club. Again IMHO the AMA should stick to educating AMA Members and Clubs and let the youtube morons and commercial sUAS flyers fend for themselves.

That ain't about to happen, Two reasons
1.The AMA being the only CBO they hope to swell their ranks.
Under 18 U can join the AMA for Free right now
2.The FAA can't stop anyone from doing anything till theymake
Specific FAR's to cover the the use of any and all sUAS
JMHO