RCU Forums - View Single Post - Traxxas t-maxx top speed and gearing
View Single Post
Old 08-10-2014, 07:53 AM
bradjones

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Traxxas t-maxx top speed and gearing

Hi so i got to tune in my tmaxx 3.3 4907 extended chassis this afternoon and had the speedometer app on my iphone,

i gave it a tune from factory setting and had the Judder or a lean top end on wot so backed it off 1/8 turn after leaning and that was running fine

then I did the LsN in hour increments till it was good acceleration not spot on no wheelies but fast enough May lean it more next time I'm out

but my question is this what is the actual top speed stock cause when I was doing speed runs I only manages to get 36.6mph on the app, when on the box it shows 45+mph?

i got the truck as a roller and the clutch bell spur gear is standard size 22/58t I think that's standard anyway, the shift point between 1st and 2nd I think May have been adjusted, could this be why I'm not getting 45mph as the tune is pretty good.

im thinking that if I lean the LsN little by little that I will get wheels off the ground from a stand still and maybe if I was to make the shifting point a little more longer that I would get better rpm meaning better top end? Would just like to get 40+ out of it

thanks a lot brad

Last edited by bradjones; 08-10-2014 at 08:04 AM.