RCU Forums - View Single Post - Tiger I painting questions
View Single Post
Old 08-12-2014, 12:32 PM
metalhead1986

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, the build is complete, minus paint and one part that was missing from a Schumo kit that I have been having a heck of a time getting.

While I wait, I will work on painting the tools and the planning of the paint for the Tiger itself.

Thank you for your reply Marc780. Your reply leads me directly into my next question, which could turn into an electric vs. nitro or piston vs. direct impingment debate, but here goes nothing.

My Tiger is number 250251, which was produced in the Spring of 1943. I figured the correct base color was dunkelgelb, and that was going to be the base for my question, but Marc780 has brought doubt into my mind as to whether dunkelgelb is the correct color. He states

"(From 1943 to this period, sand yellow-"sand gelb" was the base color with olive drab and brown)."

Now my first question is about the correct base color. Should it be a dark yellow/sand yellow color, as I see so may painted, or should it be dunkelgelb, which seems to have a much more greenish tint to it from the bottles I have been colleting, and the ones I have been looking at picking up to try?

I guess my second question can wait until I decide which of the above two colors would be the correct base color. If it is dunkelgelb, then the real fun can begin.

Thanks again,

Steve