RCU Forums - View Single Post - Tiger I painting questions
View Single Post
Old 08-12-2014, 04:45 PM
rivetcounter

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by metalhead1986

My Tiger is number 250251, which was produced in the Spring of 1943. I figured the correct base color was dunkelgelb, and that was going to be the base for my question, but Marc780 has brought doubt into my mind as to whether dunkelgelb is the correct color. He states

"(From 1943 to this period, sand yellow-"sand gelb" was the base color with olive drab and brown)."

Now my first question is about the correct base color. Should it be a dark yellow/sand yellow color, as I see so may painted, or should it be dunkelgelb, which seems to have a much more greenish tint to it from the bottles I have been colleting, and the ones I have been looking at picking up to try?
Steve

Steve, which theatre are you going to depict your Tiger and which Abteilung to know this means I can correctly answer your question which will either be Russia or Africa as you will build an early model Tiger, as for the hatch interiors they were always painted the same base coat as outside with a few exceptions for instance early Tigers painted dunkelgrau first then painted dunkelgeld would still have the hatch interiors painted dunkelgrau before you ask dunkelgelb has more shades that you can shake a stick at for as many reasons.
Viel spaß