RCU Forums - View Single Post - FAA Issues "Interpretation of the special rule for model aircraft"
Old 08-19-2014, 10:37 AM
porcia83
Banned
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Hossfly
Hound Dog, I need your help. I keep hearing about AMA being the "Community Based Organization" for model aviation.

Now while the FAA and AMA signed some paper last January, 2014, that has the subject of an "...Understanding..." I have yet to find any designation that the Academy of Model Aeronautics has been KNIGHTED with any blessed governmental power of "Community Based Organization for Model Aviation throughout the United States and its holdings, territories, etc."

If you please, I would be very much indebted to you for your kind assistance and knowledge if you care to share your information, or the source of said information.

Many Thanks

Hoss!
i don't believe the AMA has been knighted, but certainly they are the experts on the matter no? Do you know of any other group or organization that is working with any government agency on these issues? Any other group that has the ability to help shape and form policy (within reason and ability)? Any other entity that has the funding, knowledge, or vested interest in protecting/advancing the hobby?