RCU Forums - View Single Post - Club FOX!
Thread: Club FOX!
View Single Post
Old 08-19-2014, 11:12 AM
hsukaria

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 1QwkSport2.5r
H - the Fox parts factory doesn't have any spare parts. Been looking on the auction site for Fox carbs and am coming up empty. I need to .312" carbs for my Twin and I need one for my .46BBRC. The 50BB has an MkX .330" carb on it which might be a bit large for its rev range too.

The MkX carbs are good carbs, this old one has just seen better days. I'll mess with the detents and put some Teflon tape on the needles threads. Should clear up most of the touchy needle problem. The biggest problem with these carbs (MkX) is the coarse threads on the needles.

My only experience with Fox carbs is the new TN carb and the EZ carb. I like both a lot. The EZ carb has been sitting in a baggy for the last 3-4 years and froze up from the castor oil I suppose. But it is still good otherwise.

Bummer about the Fox Manuf. not producing more engines!!! I was going to rebuild an old classic pattern Phoenix 8 plane I bought used and put the Fox 74 in it with a Jett muffler. I wonder if I should just store the engine away for posterity instead.