RCU Forums - View Single Post - Interference and 2.4GHZ
View Single Post
Old 08-19-2014, 01:27 PM
dirtybird
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by eddieC
Sorry dirtybird, but yours sounds like a layman's understanding of 2.4Ghz operations; just enough knowledge to get into trouble.

My brother was an electronics tech, and we would experiment for fun with different devices, from synthesizers to radar jammers. One predicate I learned in HS electronics is that ANY frequency can be jammed/swamped if one has enough power (wattage). I found this to be the case with police radar when it was first introduced.

Heli fliers on another popular site first noticed the odd phenomenon years ago. When their smart phones rang while on the flight line, and nearby helis would get suddenly skittish, they put 2+2 together and banned cell phones on the flight line. It seems that phones put out the strongest signal when making or ending a call. It wouldn't happen every time, but enough to give notice. Keeping cells off the flight line, or back inside the car, seemed to be the solution.
e

Well Eddie I dont have any relatives that are electronic techs but I happen to be an electronics engineer with more then 40 years of experience, some of it testing spread spectrum systems. now I dont know the exact implementation of the current systems. Would you care to enlighten me and point out where I am wrong?
Yes you can wipe out any system if you have enough jammer power but did you read point 2?