RCU Forums - View Single Post - Club FOX!
Thread: Club FOX!
View Single Post
Old 08-19-2014, 02:26 PM
Charley
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 1QwkSport2.5r
Ran the little lapped .40 for a bit today. I didn't have much time to run it but got it dialed in almost perfect in that time. I had to swap the original high speed needle back in; the end was too long (and narrower) and required being nearly seated to get it into the sweet spot. The old needle had a shorter and thicker tapered end. It idled happily at 2,500 for as long as I let it, but would tick over nicely at 2,100. It throttles pretty nice, though there is a little false needle setting I'm sorting out. Even with tubing on the needle, it still leaks a bit and allows the mixture to change if I bump it causing the rpm to drop (rich). I think the detent clips need to be tweaked and that should help. I'll run more props on it when I get time. It peaked at 13,750 on a 10x5 and FAI fuel today. Pretty consistent in peak revs given the swings in climate lately.
Great, glad you're getting there! I usually put tubing on both needles; the threads are pretty coarse, allowing air in and it helps to hold settings.

CR