RCU Forums - View Single Post - More...custom...trucks! Build pics thread!!!
Old 08-19-2014, 08:18 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by SyCo_VeNoM
dammit wish I could figure out where I put the parts I bought for my 6X6... I put them some place so I wouldn't lose em... and can't figure out where that was for the life of me... I know one day I will be like OHH YEA THAT IS WHERE I PUT THEM...
yeh, it sucks when you have more than one project on the back burner....then when you want to work on it some more you cant find the parts!

I just tore the truck apart to redo it. I was reading on some RS10 build threads and saw a nice way to mount shocks to the axles. One reason I had not done a regular 4 link suspension, is I had not bought the axles with the stock links and shocks. In stock form, the shocks mount to the lower links and there is no mount point for shocks on the axles. If you try to mount them at the point where the lower links mount to the axle, the shocks will either hit the wheels when they turn or the motor.
But now I have a way to mount shocks to the axle. And I figured out how to mount a set of lower links between the axles. so I will have a set of lower links from the chassis, and a second set between the 2 rear axles. Shocks and upper links will be normal setup.
I just have to make up some upper links and find 6 matching shocks (which I doubt I have and will likely have to buy)
And this time I will buy some metal plate and cut my own chassis plates.

My son wanted to drive the 6x6. He got frustrated trying to drive up a dirt hill I was going up with the 6x6 with his wheely king. So I let him and he showed some promise using throttle control. Im thinking I may need to buy a cheap rock crawler for him
I did just install a locker in the rear diff of his wheely king tonight tho...so he will be able to drive up the sandy hills better.