RCU Forums - View Single Post - Spektrum Telemetry module and iPhone App.
Old 08-20-2014, 05:04 AM
Franco2fly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know I'm not the cheapest guy in town but pretty close. Anyway I have 2 dozen aircraft, most with Telemetry and have been putting TM1000's since they first came out. I think that was the DX7S. I have always used the Bind/Data port and a "Y" cable. Now I've had it working with AR600's through 8 channel radios, but something must have changed. Recently, I dug out a plane that hasn't been flown it 2 years. Originally, it all tested good in the front driveway. I did have to re-bind with the newer DX9 but everything tested good. Once at the field, I was getting good audio, but noticed no bars... So when did we need to start cutting the yellow wire? This never used to be the case. Once home I pulled another AR6110x and it worked fine. Two days later, I tested it and it was still working fine. Then last weekend, I fired it up and didn't pay much attention to the bars as the audio for Airspeed and Altitude were reading out. So I fly and land and with the motor running wanted to see the min/max screen for the max RPM. (New prop) the roller wouldn't work. I was still getting good telemetry data, but the bars were gone and the roller wouldn't scroll through the telemetry.

What changed that the yellow wire needs cutting, and only for certain receivers. I swapped in a 7 channel rx and it all works, so does the 8 channel. And one last question. Does the TM1000 care what port is used? I thought Bind/DATA, meant DATA...

Thanks

KKKKFL