RCU Forums - View Single Post - FAA intentionaly hyping up Drone News. AMA needs to go to WAR!
Old 08-20-2014, 06:36 AM
Propworn
My Feedback: (3)

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Sport_Pilot
The FAA would not accept that they are testing for free. Aircraft companies have tried to say that private pilots transporting people on weekends were exempt. The FAA would have none of that. They had to be commercial rated pilots. To fly for free was a reward to fly someone elses plane with no expense for the plane and that was compensation enough. If you can force your employee's to pay for the models tested, then perhaps that would stick.

You may not have liked my hyperbole, but it did get attention. And from your and other's description of what is going on then the AMA is, in a sense, going to war.
In the case with the full size pilots you refer to, a service was provided namely the transportation of passengers.

Again there is no service provided and no compensation for what an employee does on his/her own time especially flying models that are their own personal property and hobby. If that were the case the employer would have to provide compensation coverage as well as company liability insurance. They would have to also provide their own flying site as the AMA expressly prohibits commercial flying at AMA sites.

None of the employees are forced to buy or fly/use any product. Certain items are made available for any who wish to make use of them we just ask that they not be resold in respect for our dealers. Choosing to give feedback is no different than what any other customer may do at any given time.

Name one model manufacturer in North America that has paid test pilots on their payroll. To be considered a paid test pilot on payroll it must be part of their job description and they have to be compensated while doing the test flights.

You claim hyperbole then I put it to you that you are no better than the Bruce Simpson I have referred to in a previous post. Like I said before you’re not to be taken literally your intent is to inflame and evoke strong feelings without contributing anything of real value.

The definition of hyperbole: Hyperbole (/hˈ
pɜrbəl/ hy-PUR-bə-lee;[SUP][1][/SUP] Greek: ὑπερβολή hyperbolē, "exaggeration") is the use of exaggeration as a rhetorical device or figure of speech. It may be used to evoke strong feelings or to create a strong impression, but is not meant to be taken literally.[SUP][2][3][/SUP]

Dennis