RCU Forums - View Single Post - FAA Issues "Interpretation of the special rule for model aircraft"
Old 08-20-2014, 10:55 AM
aeajr
My Feedback: (2)

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by littlecrankshaf
Come on now...your posts are full of your opinions...get real!

Anyway I remeber an article you wrote for the AMA rag...gave me some real insight about. I can only paraphrase now but exact words shouldn't be hard to find. In that article you were talking about flying at your site. You said something like "an occasional roll well over the tress is allowed but aerobatic maneuvers are generally discouraged"... It occurred to me you are one of those that appear to want a common denominator no greater than yourself...If true that is exactly what I despise in so many within AMA...that's the problem within AMA but not of AMA itself.
I did write that article and I did make that statement. I believe it was in the context of how our glider club operates our glider field. I presume you did understand the context of the article.

It is unfortunate that our complying with the requirements of the landowner, to maintain this as a thermal soaring flying site, somehow offends you. There is nothing I can do about that. We would rather keep the flying site than address your feelings.

If you would like to fly thermal glides you would be welcome at our field. If you want to fly something else I believe there are 11 other clubs in the area. I am sure some of them would welcome the type of flying you enjoy.

In any case, this has absolutely nothing to do with AMA, but I am sure you know that too
. But if you want to try and make it an AMA issue, far be it from me to try to force you to base your opinions upon facts.

Last edited by aeajr; 08-20-2014 at 11:08 AM.