RCU Forums - View Single Post - FAA Issues "Interpretation of the special rule for model aircraft"
Old 08-20-2014, 11:40 AM
aeajr
My Feedback: (2)

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by TimJ
AEAJR Leave it be. It's a waste of your time.
It is not a waste of my time if I can help people understand what is going on with the FAA, which is after all the core of the topic of this discussion.

If I can inject some facts to offset some of the rhetoric than I feel that is worth my time.

It is up to each of us to decide if we want to be proactive in defending our ability to fly model aircraft. Or if we want to sit back and let the government tell us what we should be able to do. I prefer to be proactive rather than sit around and gripe about how the world is doing me wrong.

By choice, I support the only organization that is out there working on my behalf, AMA. And I will do what I can to insure that that effort is known so that others can make informed decisions about whether to join the effort. Some will see the value and add there voices and their dollars to the fight and the chance of success will go up.

Others will sit by and complain about how they are being victimized by an oppressive world, and do nothing about it, all the time fully expecting that they will reap the rewards of those who actually do the work. Sound familiar?

So, I will try to inject some facts or provide authoritative references to offset some of the rhetoric. If I am stating a personal opinion I will say so.

People can draw their own conclusions.

Last edited by aeajr; 08-20-2014 at 11:46 AM. Reason: fixed some typos