RCU Forums - View Single Post - FAA Issues "Interpretation of the special rule for model aircraft"
Old 08-20-2014, 03:53 PM
Propworn
My Feedback: (3)

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by cj_rumley
See post #733 by N410DC
Don’t see anything that one can point to specifically that has been taken away. In fact the post that Aeajr (post 740) made looks like it’s very much the same as it’s always been. I can see them getting a little more restrictive around airports. Perhaps it’s because of an attitude many seem to have that no one can tell me what I can and cannot do. When outright defiance occurs often times the result is more rules. I can see where its going to be a nightmare to enforce but I would bet those who get caught up in the system will be made an example of and it may be costly win or loose.

Thank goodness I live and fly mostly in Canada, 7.5 million first party liabilities, excellent rapport with Transport Canada, 75lb limit, many clubs fly from small full size airports without any drama. The only restriction we have is we cannot participate by flying at full size air shows and that isn’t something that Transport Canada has decreed our insurance placed that condition because of damage to a Harvard that occurred during a RC demo flight at a full size air show.

Dennis

Last edited by Propworn; 08-20-2014 at 04:02 PM.