RCU Forums - View Single Post - Welcome to Club SAITO !
View Single Post
Old 08-20-2014, 05:41 PM
SrTelemaster150

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by N1EDM
Hi SrTelemaster,

Not to start an argument, but Loctite 242 is intended for fasteners that are 1/4" and up. They make a Loctite 222 (purple, I think, and a little harder to find) for removable fasteners that are the smaller size of the backplate screws on the Saito. However, I am not sure if the Loctite will have negative effects on the plastic. It is intended for metal fasteners. If some Loctite accidentally got onto the plastic backplate, it might craze the plastic, so please check, whether you use 222 or 242.

Just my $.02

Bob

Read my post a little closer Bob. I stated that I don't typically use Loctite on my Saitos. The only time I ever used it was to secure a stud in a partially stripped back plate hole on an FA-150. I used the studs so I could mount a Perry oscillating pump & there were only a few threads left in the bottom of the blind hole. Since I never intend to remove the studs & the FA-150 does not have a plastic back plate, I feel little reason to be concerned.

After all of the years using both 242 & 271 (where appropriate) I have yet to find an instance where the fastener couldn't be removed W/reasonable force W/the proper hand tools.

What are you guys doing to get such a near permanent bond?