RCU Forums - View Single Post - I want to build a SCX10 Wrangler G6, but not sure on electronics...
Old 08-21-2014, 09:24 AM
BKoz559
My Feedback: (3)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Yeah, that battery would be fine. Those small batteries are a personal preference for me. But you want to place the battery at least ahead of the transmission. Some guys mount it sideways on the "up slope" of the chassis rails just behind the front shock towers. Some guys run them between the shock towers and make their own mount. Mine is small so I was able to place it ahead of the towers, practically over the steering linkage. Experiment and see what you like best. I don't really like the Axial front mounted battery tray option because it lifts the tray over the receiver box and raises the CG. Either mount ahead of the receiver box or relocate it and mount the battery as low as possible.

I will recommend wheel weights or steel wheels to help with the weight distribution. If you're going to use plastic wheels, weights on the front set will help. One of my trucks has a set of Integy black steel 1.9s while my Honcho runs either some GMade raw steel 1.9s or some RC4WD 1.55 "Wagon Wheels". The weight down lown helps prevent back-flips and generally helps the truck remain more stable.

I had "everything" up front for a while which worked but sometimes descending down a grade would cause the tail to lift. I then moved the ESC and receiver to the rear section and the truck feels balanced.