RCU Forums - View Single Post - Welcome to Club SAITO !
View Single Post
Old 08-22-2014, 06:57 AM
slamn sammy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by acdii
Dude, you and I have the same type of wife! LOL

On the FG-11, I didn't think it was a typo, was just curious, and now it makes perfect sense. Now to find me some good 2 cycle oil, the stuff I use on my DLE is full synthetic and I dont think that will work well for break in on this one. Stihl makes some good oil, but its 50:1 per bottle, two would be 25:1, so maybe 2 1/2 bottles to a gallon? Thoughts? Dont say amsoil since I can't buy that at the store, and plan to run the engine tomorrow. I can get Stihl just about anywhere.
Ya, don't use a synthetic to brake one in! Also! On the DLEs don't try to run it rich. It will wash out the ring. set it just like the way your going to fly it and just fly it, BUT! Don't trash it till at least one flight, then fly it like you stoled it and it will last for ever! l have one of the first DL50's that is has to be at least? five or six years old. It runs like new. Stihl is good oil, just hard to find here. Cost a lot. l try not to be cheep, just retired. All l use is 32-1 oil from Wal Mart. And as for as my woman, Shes retired Air Force F4 engine tech. Shes PLANE CRAZZZZZEEEEEEEEE Too. Keep it in the air and her happy!

Last edited by slamn sammy; 08-22-2014 at 07:06 AM.