RCU Forums - View Single Post - Welcome to Club SAITO !
View Single Post
Old 08-22-2014, 11:09 AM
Charley
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by aggieman
HOBBSY click on a certain engine and hit review's, now I do understand that a lot of the times people that only have a issue regardless of the severity only post on review's.You actually made me feal better when you said "a flawed Saito is very rare" being that I am new to the 4-stroke world that is why I ask, and you know what they say,"if you don't ask you don't learn" thanks for being patient with me on some of my questions.
I bought a "flawed" Saito .45 MK2 back when it was a new release. It would dead stick after burning 1/2 of the tank of fuel. I sent it off to the authorized service center in the DFW area. AIR, it was P&P Enterprises at the time; then it was switched to A&M Aircraft. Or maybe it was the other way 'round; been a long time. Anyhoo, the engine came back in a couple of weeks with a note which said the cam timing was retarded a couple of teeth. Apparently it was an assembly error the service center was used to seeing now and then.

I put it back in the airplane (Ace 4-40) and it ran great after that. I still have the engine.

CR