RCU Forums - View Single Post - Hobby king warning usa warehouse purchase
Old 08-23-2014, 07:37 AM
topspin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jgracco
I initially wrote a post about shipping delays that I have seen across the board for all foreign vendors I work with for all my clients and got a nasty repsonse back (post #19). That is what started me going. Funny thing. I never expressed any sentiments about HK one way or the other.. I have bought screws from them and hex handle drivers. Not sure how this became me being a plant for them...

My opinon about this vendor is to treat them cautiously and never order something you need in any set time frame, ever. batteries??? I think most know that LIPOs can not be shipped via any sort of airmail. I have had several orders out of many countries stopped because LIPOs were in the shipment. As for paypal or master/visa, file any dispute within 90 days and they will stand behind you.

John
Not sure where you see all of these problems with shipping from foreign vendors because I just don't see very many complaints at all other than Hobby King. Most of what I see for them is that they claim a package is shipped when all they have done is print a shipping label. It is usually a week or more before it actually goes out the door via some cheapo shipping company that they charged the customer premium shipping prices for. I buy a lot of stuff (mostly radio and electronics) related from China and Korea. I pay less to ship a 35 lb radio from China than you would pay to ship a 3 lb airplane from Hobby King and trust me, the radio is larger. I also don't see any shipping delays since all of the Chinese stuff goes out via Hong Kong post. So please, who are all of these companies that have such terrible shipping problems?

By the way, How far is Hicksville from Huntington Station?