RCU Forums - View Single Post - I want to build a SCX10 Wrangler G6, but not sure on electronics...
Old 08-23-2014, 06:33 PM
DieHarder

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm wanting to crawl slow and 3S is preferred for me, as I've blown enough motors on the 7v range. I'm pretty sure the G6 has Trepadors and I've heard those aren't nearly as good as the ripsaws, but do work. So I guess I will wear those down first, then upgrade.

I think I have some crawling strategies and that should help with my appearing skills, but we will see when I hit the trails! lol

27T seems like it would be just too fast. I want some good throttle control for this slow scale crawling, and I'm thinking 35T is my route. I'm feeling really good about the Holmes Hobbies ESC and 35T Expert/Pro motor. That or the FX-R and 35T, but the Holmes combo has like no bad ratings and I might just go with it. I've bought cheap electronics before with some luck (FlySky and PPP servos), but I haven't had good luck with cheap ESCs/motors. I think I will stick to my instincts and go with a more permanent setup. Thanks for your comment though!

What would you do for mounting a winch without using a heavy Tough Armor bumper?
Originally Posted by phmaximus
Stock wheels and tyres are great... The stock wheels do there job without fail and the ripsaw tyres have great traction...
but, it needs wheel weights. Wheel weights are the single most effective upgrade for a scx10.

I wouldent stress about about the battery location in regards to COG. Yes the honcho style tray is high and above the steering servo. But realistically a 2s 5000mah lipo only weighs around 250g... Lowing 250g 30mm on a 1.81kg truck makes no noticeable difference

my recommendation would be to buy a Holmes hobbies torque master ESC and 2 cheap motors for experimenting. Ie. Axial 27t and a axial 35t. Then try the 27t on 2s and the 35t on 3s..... Then see what's more suited to your skill level. Because crawling is 80% skill 30% setup