Thread: ESM FW D-9
View Single Post
Old 08-23-2014, 08:18 PM
70 ragtop
My Feedback: (24)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Dowmer
Ragtop,
I balanced mine at about 150-152 mm. Slightly forward of the recommended 155 mm. I found mine was pretty pitch sensitive a little behind the recommended point. Once I made it slightly nose heavy it calmed right down. Also, with the Sierra gear the geometry is pretty close with the gear far forward to get the correct rake. As it retracts the CG shifts noticeably rearward and the plane was pitching nose up. With the CG a little forward with gear down, as the gear retracts then it is about right on.

Thanks Dowmer

I was on a roll, had just finished up motor, battery, and electronics installs. All I had left was to hinge wing surfaces, servos, and rig wing. Second time I plugged in batteries, all the magic smoke came out of he ESC. That took all the wind out of my sails. Wanted to make sure motor wasn't damaged, so I installed another ESC, and did a bunch of taxi tests (happy to say no landing gear issues) and set it aside.

Castle was great and sent me a replacement unit, and there is wind in the sails once again. Hinged wing surfaces and got one servo installed today, hope to find time to finish up wings tomorrow.

I am not a fan of cables on the elevator, but I took the easy path, and used them on the Dora, now I'm second guessing it. I didn't use the ESM cables, but some heavier a/c cables. They seem OK, but I would really feel better with a carbon pushrod on the elevator.

Has anyone had any issues with cables? Like, dislikes, preferences?

Thanks