RCU Forums - View Single Post - I want to build a SCX10 Wrangler G6, but not sure on electronics...
Old 08-25-2014, 06:21 AM
BKoz559
My Feedback: (3)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I have the 3Racing winch. It works but I can't say if it's better than the RC4WD as I haven't made a first-person comparison. I read that the RC4 is a reliable unit and most argue that it is stronger. Again, all hear say.

I have Maxxis Treppadors, Pro-Line Flat Irons, Axial Rip Saws and RC4WD Mud Thrashers for my trucks. Overall the Rip Saws bite the best and are smaller diameter than the Maxxis and Pro-Line tires. The Flat Irons rank #2 in overall grip while the Maxxis and Mud Thrashers are about the same. Not to say the last two are useless; just when they are compared to the others they rank last. This is based on rock climbing more than dirt/trail riding. The Maxxis are a better all-terrain tire including loose dirt. The Rip Saws are useless in sand; for me they bite down on a rock face and I can get up sections my buddies spin their tires on. I notice more slipping with the other tires. Right now I'm using the Flat Irons on the Honcho the most and switch between the Rip Saws or Mud Thrashers ocassionally, depending on what mood I'm in. The Jeep will run the Maxxis tires.

I agree with the Holmes ESCs. Many guys speak highly of them and my brother runs one in his Wraith. No complaints. I have an Axial AE-2 in my toolbox that I ran previously and it works, I believe, just as well. Both are programmable with the "Castle Link" USB attachment. That's a $22 item but worth it. I still have a couple of the 27T Axial motors and while they will give you more wheel speed, they do slow down well enough to crawl. My brother was using a 55T Integy lathe motor. I think he finally traded out to a Novak but that Integy rolls right along.