RCU Forums - View Single Post - Nitro engine bearing replacement question
Old 08-26-2014, 12:13 PM
supertib

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So I will go shoot some pictures and maybe some video showing how these engines will leak fuel out the nose....I did shoot some before but I cannot find them.. So I just happen to have a engine needing breakin so I will make sure to capture some media on it....

Seriously guys you act like I am lying or bull****ting, Like I have nothing better to do then makeup stories about engines leaking.. Pretty much every engine I breakin will leak out the nose, some much worse then others..It would be more uncommon for one not to leak then the other way around.... And this holds true out on the track, I have seen hundreds of engines with leakage out the nose, very easy to spot in a offroad engine as all the dirt collects on the nose...If we were to inspect every offroad 1/8th engine out there would find a greater % that have leakage then don't....Some may only have a tiny amount, while others will make a outright mess.....And when it comes to leaking the richer the tune is run, the more the engines will leak.........I run an extremely rich , high load breakin and the engines leak like crazy out the front bearing...My breakin cabinet is a huge mess because of it......... IN a week I breakin quite a few engines... from all the different brands..Novarossi. Picco, RB, OS,Royal,Alpha,Argus,Sirio, Werks,Orion,Rossi,OPS, Radical etc etc...and I see leakage on every single one of them..... So if you guys haven't seen this leakage then I suspect you don't have much experience with 1/8th Offroad Nitro engines......As pretty much every single one I have seen has leaked, and I have seen pretty much everything there is to see in 1/8th offroad....