RCU Forums - View Single Post - SIG T-Clips 70 Build Thread, IT's Here!
View Single Post
Old 08-26-2014, 07:55 PM
acdii

Received 97 Likes on 88 Posts

Well I ran up the Saito tonight, what a sweet engine! It will be a good combo on this plane and I have a feeling it will be a long flyer. I ran it on the first tank, set at WOT at 4000 RPM with a really rich setting, lots of oil all over the plane too. It ran for over an hour on that one tank. I have everything buttoned down now, window glue is drying, then one final balance, I think its nose heavy, I balanced it before running it on the balance rig, but with 2 battery packs, but I ran it on one dual lead 2100 mah Life pack instead, so that is what I mounted. Now that I have it all in place I will need to add some weight in the rear to balance it out. I couldn't safely put the batter all the way back like I had it when I balanced it, I had slid it under the servo tray, but that isnt an option to make it secure.

Anyhow, a note to all who run glow or gas, do yourself a favor and get a half pint of clear butyrate dope when you get this plane and dope all the exposed wood inside the hatch, and the wings before you run your engine, oil WILL get in there! I had some oil seep in between the windshield and wing. I slathered a hefty coat and the wood sucked it up like a sponge.

Two more tanks of fuel through the engine and its maiden flight time!