RCU Forums - View Single Post - P-38 Lightning Brotherhood
View Single Post
Old 08-27-2014, 09:34 AM
70 ragtop
My Feedback: (24)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Chris Nicastro

I still remember a lot of the info on this stuff but I don't really practice it anymore. Im back to the really small stuff and some EDF and thats about it in brushless for now. I think its more practical and cheaper to run gas engines and turbines than to manage a bunch of different size LiPo packs all year round trying to protect and prolong your investment in batteries.

Sooo... How does all of this relate back to P-38's? Simple, take my advice and burn fuel! Lol, its so much better these days with small gas engines, cheaper, clean, sounds good, great power, light weight, reliable... What more do you want? Just remember buy nice or buy twice, it works the same in engines too!

I'm still looking for my limit, and I think I'm there. Just finishing up a 50CC size ESM Dora. I have not flown it yet, but very close. I debated gas vs trons, and decided to try electric at this size. I'm really not sure I'm going to like it, but we will see. A G-62 would fly the plane around very nicely, they are super dependable, cheap, and last FOREVER. I might switch it back to gas, I might love the electric....we will see.

I do miss the twin gassers sound when they're sync'd up, and go screaming by. Have a ESM Tigercat kicking around that was slated for electric, but I'm thinking of going gas with smoke systems. Much bigger tail on the Tigercat. Much higher probability of saving it if you loose an engine. The P-38, not so much

Last edited by 70 ragtop; 08-27-2014 at 09:37 AM.