RCU Forums - View Single Post - I want to build a SCX10 Wrangler G6, but not sure on electronics...
Old 08-27-2014, 10:00 AM
BKoz559
My Feedback: (3)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

That seems like a pretty fair deal because I believe the kit was $299 or more at one point. Even if you're not a Tower member you can still use one of their discount codes posted on the home page. If you have a membership, you can get $35 off that kit and free shipping. I think they're still running the $1.99 membership trial so, if you aren't a member already, you may want to consider it. It's $9.99 a year otherwise. I always renew 2 years at a time.

I picked up my Wrangler Rubicon kit last year when it dropped to $249. I applied an additional coupon and had it shipped free. I added in a few small things and a $19.99 2-year membership renewal and the total bill came out to $250.44. The thing I notice with Tower is that they'll put current / popular models on a brief sale once in a while, like a holiday. Then it won't go on sale again for a long time, if it ever does again. Then if the product gets discontinued they drop the price significantly and you can potentially score a huge deal. But, you never really know when it's going to happen. I found the Traxxas XO-1 for $530 and I could apply another $80 coupon to it. I was going to take the deal but the next day they were all sold out. I waited too long.

Anyhow, you're right about those Integy wheels. I kept calling them steel but I was thinking about the inner ring. The wheel halves are anodized aluminum but I'm pretty sure the inner ring is steel. I feels dense and the color doesn't look like aluminum. But, I could be mistaken on that also. GMades have a steel outer face but the rest of the pieces are cast from another metal. Looks like the same stuff they make "Hot Wheels" out of.