RCU Forums - View Single Post - HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part IV
Old 08-29-2014, 03:15 AM
rikybob

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ingleburn
Me being the crash test dummy on this project suggested it as a way of fitting a PDB in between the plates.
Ended up being a waste of time as the one I chose didnt give clean enough power to the Vtx https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/...dProduct=55556
On my next rebuild it will be coming out and Ill use the space to fit the esc,s in. Brians excuse is he cant solder for s h i t and needed 5mm spacers to make some room
My battery fits in between decks so pendulum effect is not there.

Yah, when I realized, because I didn't "test fit" my components properly I'd cut all my freakin' esc lines too short, I didn't want to de solder from the boards (See: What the F happens when Noel does this) and I didn't want to add FOUR more solder joints by soldering them back. So's I ran my NEG/POS lines up the middle of the frame and made a "liquid PDB" out of 'em and just soldered them to the main trunk. I simply peel back the silicon on the rear portion and joined the back ESC's for a very UN elegant but effieicient way to tie my ESC's together!

In doing so with all the extra BIG line and heat shrink all over the place I needed room.

I have big Ham Hands and man, trying to move stuff around in that little space made me KRAZY!

Homemade 5mm shims proved the trick!

b