RCU Forums - View Single Post - G&L 1/5 DHC chipmunk - diary of a build.
View Single Post
Old 08-30-2014, 07:06 AM
TonyBuilder
My Feedback: (11)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm waving the white flag. Repaint results are the same color as before. I mixed it really good, and I let it sit for 40min before I added the reducer. The same color as before and I even painted I little on the fuselage like I did the other day and it is darker. So I don't know what to do. I have mixed up 6 batches and 3 out of the six are the same color. The only explanation I can think of is the first batch was wrong but I don't believe that. When I painted the fuselage I did two batches and I cant say If the first was the same as the second only that the last coat is the
more yellow. At this point the only option is to paint the wing, if that matches the parts I did today then this is the color. And the only thing I can do is repaint the fuselage (that is not going to happen). So when I mixed up the batch the other day to test the mixing and then brushed it on it matched the yellow. Today I did the same thing and brushed some on and it is the butterscotch. So it is not the spraying. I guess I will have a two tone plane.

TB