RCU Forums - View Single Post - G&L 1/5 DHC chipmunk - diary of a build.
View Single Post
Old 08-30-2014, 02:13 PM
TonyBuilder
My Feedback: (11)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Zor, I am puzzled too. I can mix up some paint and right away I can see if it is going to be yellow or butterscotch. And it is random, one time its good the next it is not. Same can same procedure. In post 599 I had already wet sanded the cowl as I was fitting the muffler exits so it dulled it up but there is a very noticeable difference in the color between the yellow and the butterscotch (that is what I am calling this undesired color). This yellow is very hard to judge even in person let alone in a pic on a computer screen. There are times I see the fuselage and it looks like butterscotch, then the next time it is a nice rich yellow. The light plays big mind games with this color.
The pic I showed before side by side shows the difference best.

theses pic show it.

I don't think it is mixing because I mixed the hell out of it today and still got butterscotch. It could be the way I am mixing, I did 4oz and got butterscotch, then 2oz and got yellow.
But the first paint on the fuselage was 5oz so that doesn't add up.

Then on the next batch just a few turns and it shows the rich yellow right away.

So there is something that is causing the paint to not color up right, right at the start. And I cant figure what it is.

I am not trying to match my avatar. I did order the British R.A.F. Trainer Yellow. I don't know if the Canadian trainer yellow is the same, but the fuselage is the color of my avatar so go figure.

There is one last possibility, and that is that the butterscotch is the true color of this paint and the yellow is the anomaly. But I don't think so.

TB
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	color 006.JPG
Views:	87
Size:	356.6 KB
ID:	2027183   Click image for larger version

Name:	color 001.JPG
Views:	87
Size:	212.0 KB
ID:	2027184   Click image for larger version

Name:	color.png
Views:	77
Size:	7.0 KB
ID:	2027185  

Last edited by TonyBuilder; 08-30-2014 at 02:20 PM.