RCU Forums - View Single Post - NGH 38CC 4 stroke
View Single Post
Old 08-31-2014, 01:30 PM
ALFIEV

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Heli-NuBee
I had my maiden flights on the 109 Wednesday morning. The plane flew very well and the engine ran great. The only issue encountered was the tendency for the landing gear to bounce if one trys to turn the plane while at any speed on landing. Even slight corrections on the ground result in severe bouncing. I got away with it the first flight but the second flight resulted in a nose over and broken prop. I am not sure how to cure this issue except to let the plane roll out until very slow on landing. I used the retracts sold by Nitro planes for the 109 and they work well but seem a bit on the weak side for this plane. Here are some pictures of the maiden flights.

Best wishes and good safe flying.

Heli-NuBee (AKA Roger the radial rabbit)
109 looks great!! Landing gear seems to be a problem across the spectrum. I am still repairing wing internal structure on the ESM Corsair!! The ESM gear for that model is not up to supporting a 20 lb model. If it fails again I will have to look for better gear. Quite frankly, it really p###es me off because the ESM gear isn't the cheapest to buy in my country.
One day a model manufacturer will spend a little more on landing gear, a price I would pay when buying the model, and they will provide gear which is up to the job.
Then they will have a winner and sell bucket loads of models!!!!
Ahhhhhh well...... it's nice to dream.....