RCU Forums - View Single Post - G&L 1/5 DHC chipmunk - diary of a build.
View Single Post
Old 09-01-2014, 01:33 AM
TonyBuilder
My Feedback: (11)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

On the bench for today, install the remaining glass on the canopy, finish installing gear in the fuselage. I have engine heat sensor, and RPM sensor I need to mount. Plus the ignition module, fuel dot and fuel vent/overflow.

I have to still paint the cockpit so I cant install the instrument panels yet. I will mask off the front for the overlay black color for a shoot tomorrow morning.

I was hoping to have my stencils by now and shoot the black lettering but the wing gets RCAF 671 on the bottom of the wing so I will do that and the RCAF 671 on the fuselage then.

The wing gets another coat or two of primer as I wait on the KK white primer so I can do the rivets.

Still having trouble with my second receiver so I may trouble shoot that today too.

I weighed the fuselage and with all the gear it is about 13-14lb so that just leaves the wing. I am guessing with all the paint I am and have put on I will be more in the 26-27 lb range, fine with me bring it on, who's afraid of heavy metal?

I keep forgetting to weigh before I paint to see how mush the paint adds to the weight. So I will weigh the wing before I do the white KK and the yellow paint.

TB