RCU Forums - View Single Post - Giant Model Products Introduces a 50cc GeeBee R3 ARF
Old 09-01-2014, 02:47 AM
pc2209

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just to let you guys know something about Gerry Henshaw at Giant Model products before you have dealings with him. Recently I ordered a replacement cowl for another airplane from him. The cowling came damaged although the shipping box itself was in perfect condition. See photo. I immediately contacted Gerry and sent him pics of the cowl and the box. Notice in the picture that the cowling is sitting on a counter top and there are office papers in the background. This is because I opened the box at my office [I am a physician] in front of two witnesses and never took the cowling home. Gerry tried to explain the fact that he had shipped me a damaged cowl by saying he had not inspected the cowling before sending it. Then later in another email, Gerry mentioned that he had "filed a claim against Fed Ex" [even though he knew for certain that the shipping box had not been damaged because I had told him ] Because most shippers would normally inspect before shipping, this led me to believe that he had purposely shipped me the damaged cowl so that when I shipped it back he could file against Fed Ex and get paid for the cowl. I contacted Fed Ex and explained to them that their box was not damaged and I didn't think the damage could have resulted from the shipping. Currently , from what I can gather, Fed Ex is probably balking at paying for the cowl so Gerry has CHANGED HIS STORY and now says he did inspect the cowling before shipping and he's ACCUSING ME of damaging the cowling. He also has REFUSED TO REFUND my Visa credit card. I have contacted Visa and explained to them what happened and , fortunately, I believe they will refund me. This is not the first time I have had problems dealing with Gerry but this is the first time that it was so obvious that he is a scammer. You can deal with him if you want but personally I think he is a small time operator with a limited budget and he as shown himself to be dishonest and willing to screw his customers if it is in his best interest.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	20140728_110028.jpg
Views:	376
Size:	1.81 MB
ID:	2027602  

Last edited by pc2209; 09-01-2014 at 02:27 PM. Reason: tyoos