RCU Forums - View Single Post - HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part IV
Old 09-01-2014, 05:38 AM
mnemennth

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah, I've tried the small planes route. When I had an indoor venue it was the way to go. Now, trying to fly outdoors, they get too far away too fast and I can't see orientation. It doesn't take long before they're lost after that and I have to cut throttle. So I started gravitating towards larger, more brightly colored birds I can see, but now I don't have a place to fly them.

So now I mostly fly the little stuff and try to keep it "within the confines of the four trees" in my front yard... and evidently not too well as seen in my adventures yesterday.

I need to get at least an AMA Parkfly membership, I think... even if I can't afford the dues at my local club, I could still go down to the park and flog my little helis and bigger quads in the baseball fields; maybe even the swift EPP profile plane my buddy Brook gave me.

We'll see... now that the temperature is starting to drop below 100° average, I might not mind getting out in the suck a little more often; though now we're really at the mercy of the hurricane season with the wind.

I really miss living out in the middle of the country, where I owned 200 acres and nobody could tell me not to fly where I felt like.

mnem
*Frunky*