RCU Forums - View Single Post - Another "Drone" incident in the news... , mostlikely non AMA member
Old 09-01-2014, 11:34 AM
JohnShe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by porcia83
I'm sure everyone groaned when they heard the warning. Even more so since the warning was completely wrong, and even this most recent comment is wrong, it's not a foamy that's being discussed here.

Let me guess, ARFs were going to rule the hobby too right? And Helis, and then those new fangled battery powered planes too eh? If it's not stick built and nitro, it doesn't work for the hobby right?

So glad that mentality is slowly disappearing from clubs and is being replaced by folks who enjoy many aspects of the hobby, not just ones from 50 years ago.

Since CJ and LCS insist, I will chime in. I personally think that the hobby is about having fun. I think that new technology and new model merchandising are obviously changing things for the better for most and maybe not for others. But, there are plenty of hobby products to satisfy all comers. Let's all get together and fly safely and do our best to promote the best parts of the hobby.