RCU Forums - View Single Post - Welcome to Club SAITO !
View Single Post
Old 09-03-2014, 01:50 AM
Rudolph Hart

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Welcome and thanks for that bjw,interesting reading.I only have one gas engine,i like it but it stinks.

I am proud of you sammy,crashing with style is fast becoming a forgotten art.A saito for the zero without breaking whose bank ? if it's a light arf and not breaking the bank put an fg57 in it,and they have been out now long enough to come up secondhand too.I bought mine new about two years ago when our dollar was valued better than yours,cost around nine hundred aussie dollars i think.If you want to break the bank put a fg84 in it and use a heavy c cell 4200 mh five pack back in the fuse to balance it.I've had battery packs back over the tailwheel and they taxi great like that on windy days,fly good too.

As for running out of spare parts for our glow saito's..how long do you plan on living ? remember when computers came into common office use and the catchword back then was 'paperless offices' a widely appreciated joke now.Judging by what i read and see at club flying days fourstrokes are more popular than ever.With the right prop for your style of flying they offer far better acceleration and engine braking via the prop.Makes aerobatics a joy and turns the twostroke brigade green with envy.As for electrics i get a good laugh watching youtube vids of people charging rechargeable batterys with gas powered gen sets,and have you ever seen a speedy go up in smoke,makes my saito fourstrokes look positively green and they don't set fire to the scenery when they crash.