RCU Forums - View Single Post - Need Saito 100 help!!!
View Single Post
Old 09-04-2014, 02:19 AM
Rudolph Hart

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ro347
Im in need of help with my Saito 100. Recently I replaced gaskets and seals, and ever since I haven't been able to get it to run right. IF it wasnt one thing it was another. Once Ive ruled everything else out, Ive come to the conclusion I had a timing problem despite know how to set it during reassembly.

With that said, last night I took the engine apart ( which is when I realized timing issue) and saw this SEE PIC.... Looks like the valve hit the piston at some point. Everything looked ok otherwise, so I reassembled and tried to run. Seem to do ok put had a hard time with the high end needle and engine lost compression again.

So to my point - IS THERE ANYONE WILLING TO HELP ME GET THIS THING GOING AGAIN>>>> PLEASE!!!!!!!! Im just at a lost. Im guessing maybe replacing the valves (as one might possible be slightly bent) might help, but dont want to be throwing money into parts Im unsure I need.

Would appreciate if anyone could give me the rundown of what to look for and check.

Ok ro assuming the timing was right when you rechecked it? and it still runs.Check the 'o' ring between the intake tube and cylinder head,is the tiny steel washer that supports the o ring still on the end of the intake tube? they are real easy to lose.The only other thing is tuning.Set the hsn first and do it properly with a tach then set the lsn,if you don't do it this way you will be chasing a good tune all day.